The process of normalizing, so to speak, the status of 11 million illegal immigrants now in the United States is not an unusually attractive one, particularly to those who set store by observance of laws and norms. What the alternative may be, one isn't sure. To eject 11 million people from the country? I...
Don't intend in any way to gloat, Toon Hallers. But I was jeered at here by rank and file conservatives when every day I posted this was soon becoming inevitable. John McCain was daily called McShame the RINO because he dared to suggest all the words now posted by Bill Murchison. We saw saturation posts by one white supremacist from Atlanta calling himself Oracle1. He hated Mexicans and didn't mind telling you. Now where is he? He told everybody to batter the walls of Congress down with demands of NO AMNESTY. And I told you all we'd LOSE the White House to Barack Obama if the GOP didn't reach out to Spanish-speaking voters before it was too late. (Nobody wanted to hear any part of the truth.)
The problem with reality is that it can get so, well, real. As when it storms through the door, kicks over a chair or two and demands recognition, when the problem of immigration has done, as signified by eight senators, both Republicans and Democrats, this week.
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 48 minutes ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 4 hours ago