The process of normalizing, so to speak, the status of 11 million illegal immigrants now in the United States is not an unusually attractive one, particularly to those who set store by observance of laws and norms. What the alternative may be, one isn't sure. To eject 11 million people from the country? I...
Don't intend in any way to gloat, Toon Hallers. But I was jeered at here by rank and file conservatives when every day I posted this was soon becoming inevitable. John McCain was daily called McShame the RINO because he dared to suggest all the words now posted by Bill Murchison. We saw saturation posts by one white supremacist from Atlanta calling himself Oracle1. He hated Mexicans and didn't mind telling you. Now where is he? He told everybody to batter the walls of Congress down with demands of NO AMNESTY. And I told you all we'd LOSE the White House to Barack Obama if the GOP didn't reach out to Spanish-speaking voters before it was too late. (Nobody wanted to hear any part of the truth.)
The problem with reality is that it can get so, well, real. As when it storms through the door, kicks over a chair or two and demands recognition, when the problem of immigration has done, as signified by eight senators, both Republicans and Democrats, this week.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 5 hours ago