But there are those people who hate the Catholic Church, and they are ecstatic. Take documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney, a man who clearly thinks he is holier than the Pope. He told the Daily Beast that Benedict is a "criminal." This helps explain why he's made a documentary for HBO, the home...
Dear marc432, You maintain, " As Catholics, we must hold our spiritual leaders to a standard much higher then the average man on the street." Why? The clergy is like all Catholics. Comprised of sinners. And none of us gets out of this place alive. There is a Just Judge awaiting our inevitable arrival, no matter how high or low our state in life. Holding another soul to impossible standards is the negative side of life. We must be perfect, in order to judge who sets a standard. PRAY for our bishops. Pray God will send us for leaders holy men; not little project co-ordinators as the Catholic clergy. We get what we DESERVE and all share the blame, IMHO. For not praying enough.
Pope Benedict XVI shocked the world on Monday morning by announcing he would resign at the end of February. For Catholics, there was sorrow and there was gratitude for a Holy Father who taught with such distinction and worked with such care to safeguard the church's theological traditions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago