But there are those people who hate the Catholic Church, and they are ecstatic. Take documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney, a man who clearly thinks he is holier than the Pope. He told the Daily Beast that Benedict is a "criminal." This helps explain why he's made a documentary for HBO, the home...
Dear marc432, You maintain, " As Catholics, we must hold our spiritual leaders to a standard much higher then the average man on the street." Why? The clergy is like all Catholics. Comprised of sinners. And none of us gets out of this place alive. There is a Just Judge awaiting our inevitable arrival, no matter how high or low our state in life. Holding another soul to impossible standards is the negative side of life. We must be perfect, in order to judge who sets a standard. PRAY for our bishops. Pray God will send us for leaders holy men; not little project co-ordinators as the Catholic clergy. We get what we DESERVE and all share the blame, IMHO. For not praying enough.
Pope Benedict XVI shocked the world on Monday morning by announcing he would resign at the end of February. For Catholics, there was sorrow and there was gratitude for a Holy Father who taught with such distinction and worked with such care to safeguard the church's theological traditions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 59 mins ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 3 hours ago