This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Why would YOU object? anyone interested in Day's cause would pray for success. That includes Cardinal Dolan. he has that prerogative as a theologian. My own opinion is irrelevant. I am only superficially acquainted with Day's history. i'll wait and see. I AM positive Day is in heaven; she is saved by the grace of Our Lord. Sainthood is a different kind of importance. It involves, as I said, heroic and outstanding Christian faith and virtue.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 22 minutes ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago