This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Why would YOU object? anyone interested in Day's cause would pray for success. That includes Cardinal Dolan. he has that prerogative as a theologian. My own opinion is irrelevant. I am only superficially acquainted with Day's history. i'll wait and see. I AM positive Day is in heaven; she is saved by the grace of Our Lord. Sainthood is a different kind of importance. It involves, as I said, heroic and outstanding Christian faith and virtue.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Will gun control sink Connecticut’s Democratic governor? Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- The Democrats have a fee-vah and the only prescription is a new government shutdown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago