This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Why would YOU object? anyone interested in Day's cause would pray for success. That includes Cardinal Dolan. he has that prerogative as a theologian. My own opinion is irrelevant. I am only superficially acquainted with Day's history. i'll wait and see. I AM positive Day is in heaven; she is saved by the grace of Our Lord. Sainthood is a different kind of importance. It involves, as I said, heroic and outstanding Christian faith and virtue.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago