Addressing me? I live in the real world. Marriage in the real world is what my parents had, and yours as well. (Assuming you're legit.) You'll never legislate a genuine marriage between two of the same sex. Because no matter what the purchased slip of paper says, your organs will still be useless for a marital act. A sphincter muscle can't give you marriage in the real world.
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago