Gay rights is, first of all, a misnomer. Gay is a word for happy; joyful, jovial. Not perverse, wanton and fixated on vice. Call it if you wish "personal rights." and it's more a propos of homosexual needs. Here's the problem, for you: Homosexuals are a minority. The fact that today liberals support the absurd position of legal depravity doesn't make it a vital issue. And you'll soon find even leftists tired of wasting their energy on such dubious political causes. You are by and large an unimportant minority, and always shall be.
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 44 mins ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 12 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago