The only part of Ben Shapiro's excellent defense of our 2nd amendment that fell short is permitting Morgan's false premise; that we are "afraid" of government tyranny. So America must be armed because we fear the government. Arms in the citizen's legal possession are only a deterrent against tyrannical government. We aren't armed to fight the government. The US government isn't challenged by its armed citizens. It must accept the rights of citizens to possess this deterrent against tyrants. With no arms, there would be no deterrent. We would be at the mercy of some Hitler clone sooner than anyone suspects.
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 46 mins ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 4 hours ago