The only part of Ben Shapiro's excellent defense of our 2nd amendment that fell short is permitting Morgan's false premise; that we are "afraid" of government tyranny. So America must be armed because we fear the government. Arms in the citizen's legal possession are only a deterrent against tyrannical government. We aren't armed to fight the government. The US government isn't challenged by its armed citizens. It must accept the rights of citizens to possess this deterrent against tyrants. With no arms, there would be no deterrent. We would be at the mercy of some Hitler clone sooner than anyone suspects.
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago