We will see an enormous decision that must be made on the Bush income taxes and the payroll tax holiday, but what might provide more problems between the parties are the sequester spending cuts. Democrats do not want to admit that they have pushed sharp defense decreases upon the country as a "compromise" for raising the debt ceiling last time. It's surprising that...
In response to:
Oh, sweet Buddha, the fact that you're arguing that spending cuts and tax increases would harm the economic recovery means that you're embracing Keynesian economics too.
There will be a lame duck session between Election Day 2012 and January 2013, when President Obama has his second inauguration and the next Congress takes office. And in that time, incredibly important policy must be decided.
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago