A bold endeavor to be sure, but opponents of the plan ought not sell Bobby Jindal short. He's already shepherded two sweeping reform packages into state law, he's earned high marks for exhibiting extraordinary leadership during a series of natural disasters along the Gulf Coast, and he was essentially re-elected by acclamation in 2011 -- carrying 66 percent of the vote. Louisiana's can-do governor has now fixed his sights on uprooting the state's tax code and replacing it with an entirely new system. Go...
In response to:
It may have been a bloated mess. But efficiency doesn't always lead to efficacy. In this case, I think when Guy is touting his accomplishments in Louisiana health care that it's useful to note that the state is still ranked 49th in the Union.
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 mins ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago