I'm not going to defend the comments, because my wife is a stay at home mom and I respect her tremendously for the work she does. That said, my wife and Ms. Romney are incredibly fortunate that our families are in the financial situations we're in that we can afford to have one parent not working. And I'm even more fortunate that my wife has her parents close by to help her on those days when she's overwhelmed and that I work for a company that is very family friendly. Not everyone has that financial security and support network. We are blessed.
Yes, yes, we know that the President is working hard to consolidate support among female voters -- but Obama adviser Hilary Rosen's remarks about Ann Romney "never work[ing] a day in her life" are cynical, shameful, appalling, divisive and above all . . . ignorant. They constitute the newest iteration of the long-running, ugly and gratuitous left-wing attack on women who have made the very important choice to stay home in order to raise their children themselves.
Perhaps the most insulting implication of Rosen's remarks (from which she shows no sign of retreating)...
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago