Coburn details a $27 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program for pottery classes in Morocco. The program, which has a questionable premise in the first place, was doomed due to incompetence and mismanagement....
In response to:
You seem to forget that the Republicans control the senate and have managed to bring the senate to a halt. Now who needs to be replaced?
Senator Tom Coburn released the Wastebook 2012 today detailing the 100 most egregious wastes of taxpayer money. The two hundred page report details waste in all manner of federal spending - from multi-billion dollar programs all the way down to a $300 grant to a small-town library for a Star Wars-themed event. It's emblematic of the waste found everywhere in the federal budget.
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 3 hours ago