Nice article Kurt. Most of us just want a fair shake. No special treatment, but please don't discriminate against us because of some of the unpleasant but necessary things we might have done in the service of our country. Those things are one of the reasons why you have the chance to own a home, a car, a job of your choice, get to take vacations whereever you choose, and aren't speaking German, or Russian, or Chinese. And just because we took off our uniforms doesn't mean we stopped supporting and defending the Constitution. We turned in the bombs, guns, missiles, tanks, planes, and ships we were issued. We took up at our own expense our pens and pencils, desktops and iPads, campaign signs and conversation starters. Some of us (too few in my opinion) even run for public office. We focus on domestic enemies, those who are well-meaning but uninformed or unable to see the consequences of their actions. We argue, we educate, and we vote. We are citizens, just like you. Our only difference is that we chose to serve as your shield. Thank you for supporting us.
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago