I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
Jesus wasn't born in December. Christianity celebrates Jesus' birth in December because they deliberately decided to coopt pagan Winter Solstice festivals. Which is probably why Jesus is only a very small reason for the season; and gift getting and capitalism reign supreme. The reality is that the spirit of giving should be alive throughout the year, not any particular time. And the arrival of Jesus we should pay the most attention to, is his resurrection, not his birth.
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 38 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 15 hours ago