Not all kings were part of the descent. Jehoash, Amaziah, and Azariah, for example, all “did what was right in the eyes of the Lord,” except for one thing: “The high places were not removed; the...
In response to:
The only reason I'm giving any money to academia is to pay for my kids college "education". Sadly, like most students, they seem to be drinking the koolaid. That's the problem with college. Most students have never produced anything of value, have never worked for anything. So for them, they support and vote for whomever promises to give things. And they never wise up unless and until they actually do become producers. By then, it's too late.
The second book of Kings in the Old Testament is a usefully depressing history on national decline. It starts with fire coming down from heaven to convince a king, and Elijah ascending to heaven via chariots of fire. It ends with the former king of Judah taken into captivity and dependent on the ruler of Babylon, who condescends to give him an allowance.
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 4 hours ago