As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 52 mins ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago