On Oct. 19, 2009, Deputy Attorney General David Ogden released a memo that instructed the Department of Justice not to focus federal resources "on individuals whose actions are in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws providing for the medical use of marijuana."...
And there are other fools who wonder why we can't trust our government (and even an article in Townhall on that subject.)
Like a lot of Californians, Stockton businessman Matt Davies, 34, expected that when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the new administration would not prosecute medical marijuana dispensaries operating under a law passed by California voters in 1996. After all, as a candidate, Obama contended that he saw federal enforcement against medical marijuana as a waste of resources.
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago