Previous 11 - 20 Next
In response to:

What Would Braveheart Do?

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Sep 16, 2014 8:33 AM
I don't have a problem with these "nations" becoming free and independent states. The problem that they face is that none of them can survive on their own, or in a vacuum; similar to the situation that each of the American states faced after the Revolution. They will need to form alliances the same way the American states did under the Articles of Confederation. They may go the way of America under the Constitution, they may not.
I'm beginning to think that maybe the other 98% of Muslims ARE condemning those acts of terrorism. The problem lies with the Main Stream Media (again), deliberately suppressing those condemnations. There's reason to beleive they are doing it out of a selfish desire to create news events to sell more papers/downloads/viewership, but don't rule out the government encouraging them for propaganda purposes. See http://islamnewsroom.com/news-we-need/373-whywedonthear
BHO doesn't have a mind of his own; which is why he sways in the slightest political breeze.
In response to:

America at the Tipping Point (Part 3)

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Sep 16, 2014 7:56 AM
Chuck Norris, from his tour of duty with the Air Force decades ago knows more about military intervention than Barack Obama ever will. And he also know more about countering violence and aggression than BHO or any of his Administration. I can understand why BHO was elected the first time. What I find unfathomable is that Americans as a whole were stupid enough to elect him for a second term.
"Billions of dollars are being held back from the economy because people are saving up in case there's an economic collapse. Businesses are sitting on mountains of cash and looking to move their headquarters overseas." Point to remember is that the money is being sequestered by banks, big corporations, and the top 20% of the wealth holders in this country. The other 80% don;t have any money to hold onto.
Well, this IS the state that gave us William Jefferson Clinton. And talking to some residents of Arkansas, they claim getting him into the Presidency was the only way they could get rid of him; by foisting him and his wife on the rest of the country.
Too bad the players wimped out.
In response to:

Late-Talking Children

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Sep 16, 2014 7:41 AM
That's probably why they came up with Autistic Spectrum Disorder - Not Othewise Specified. It's also a nebulous thing to classify, which is one reason why they consider it a spectrum. I have a son with the problem. It's real, not a false diagnosis. And the condition, not the label, as caused further mental health problems for him over the past 2 decades.
Oh crud. And here I told my two boys that The Secret of NIHM was just a fictional story.
The only people who would think the name "Redskins" is offensive is people who think Native Americans are all losers. That's especially true of the group trying to force them to change the name. At least the members of the Washington Redskins think about Native Americans in a positive light to be emulated.
In response to:

Poll: Brown, Shaheen Dead Even in NH

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Sep 15, 2014 3:16 PM
You know, it's funny about the people here screaming about the "crazy Free State freaks" invading the state. Most of those doing the screaming are Massachusetts immigrants themselves.
Previous 11 - 20 Next