The New Black Male Can Be Conservative

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 3:30 PM
Actually, having police record their own interactions is a good idea. It helps protect them from frivolous suits. It helps protect us from untrue charges. In combination with our having the right to record our interactions with the police, it helps to reveal the truth. That said, making it a law requiring police to have personal recorders is a bad idea. It increases the number of regulations on the books, which also increases the cost of government just from the paperwork alone; a lose-lose scenario for all of us. It increases the cost of government by requiring purchase of the cameras, storage of the footage, and maintenance costs that communities may find to be absolutely unnecessary to their law enforcement needs. Let individual states or communities decide how, and whether, they want to deal with the "problem". This is one issue that Uncle Sam needs to keep his damn nose out of.
That's one reason why it's best to limit collateral damage and deaths. Not wise to give future generations a personal reason to come back after you. The IDF understands that concept and actually does a pretty good job of trying not to kill or injure non-combatants.
/cheer Way to go Israel!

ISIS 'A National Security Threat'

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 11:31 AM
How do you tell who the bad guys are in the Middle East? They're the ones shooting at you, throwing things at you, puttng IEDs in front of you, or who was doing any of the above just prior to dropping their weapon and trying to disappear into the crowd.
"The law says that, as a suspect, you must submit to arrest. You have the right to an attorney and you are afforded the presumption of innocence, but you must submit to arrest." There are conditions under which it is permissible to resist arrest. When there is virtually no chance of presumption of innocence. When there is virtually no chance of a fair trial. When there is significant chance that your apprehension will be entirely extrajudicial. When you have reason to fear for your personal health and safety while under control by law enforcement. Under those conditions, you have no duty to submit to arrest, and are ethically and morally entitled to resist to the fullest extent necessary to maintain your freedom.

What About 'Black-on-Black Crime'?

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 11:07 AM
All those visits to Chi-town by Sharpton, the First Lady, The Prez, and the violence levels increased. Yeah, they did a FINE job, NOT!

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 10:53 AM
Although I've never smoked marijuana for taste, I have burned other aromatic, non-clinically reactive substances for their pleasant odor. I particularly like the smell of apple pipe tobacco on a cool autumn morning, although I hate actually smoking it. So I can see the evolution of Mary Jane burning into a savoring by connoisseurs. I’ve also never smoked marijuana for the purpose of getting stoned; I’ve always smoked it for effect. I’ve smoked it to relax. I’ve smoked it to relieve migraine headaches. I’ve smoked it to reduce the pain of a hangover. You speak of a pot party as being a gray affair, as opposed to a cocktail party. Maybe that’s not such a bad thing, since I can’t recall the last time I was at a party and saw a pot smoker get belligerent and violent, but I can recall numerous occasions where there was drinking. I’ll be interested in seeing the entire toxicology report on Michael Brown to see if, and what else, he was on at the time. THC levels are only 15 times higher in specially bred marijuana. Open it up to home growing (either as a decorative plant, or for smoking materials), and I can just about guarantee that levels will return to near normal. ESPECIALLY if marijuana is allowed to be grown commercially for fiber production. Bill Bennett and Bob White are hardly unbiased sources when it comes to the legalization question. Both of them have a highly vested personal interest in keeping pot illegal; since doing so keeps them and their crony’s rich. Of course they’re going to say that “almost all science an research is going in one direction.” At least they had the residual honesty to put a qualifier in their statement. I’m not denying that children should not be using pot, at least not frequently or regularly. They shouldn’t be drinking that way either. You claim that this country has driven out tobacco. I work in a hospital, and I walk down the streets; and every day I see evidence that tobacco use hasn’t really declined all that much. It has been driven behind the house, into peoples cars in the parking lot, onto the back porch, and around the bushes in the side yard. Maybe we are weary of fighting the drug war against pot. But considering that more lives were ruined by that war than would ever have been ruined by actually smoking it, and that more money has been poured down a black hole with zero to show for it, it was a war we never should have undertaken.

"Ice Bucket Challenge": Don't Waste Water

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 10:05 AM
Governor Jerry Brown showed exactly why he shouldn't be in charge of a Kindergarten class, much less the state of California. Pouring ice water on his dog. That sounds like a cruelty to animals case right there. And in a state that has a water crisis? Conspicuous wasting of water. Can you say LOSER?
"really tried to keep an open mind and come to a fair decision given all the testimony that we heard," Sorry, that's a statement about a specific, known case heard by the grand jury; not a comment about Rick Perry's statement. Technically, it is a violation of the law regarding the secrecy of the grand jury process. But I'm not going to fault the grand jury. It was the Travis County DA's office that brought the charges, and the testimony to the grand jury over actions Governor Perry took against their office and head DA. As such, this is a clear conflict of interests and clearly unethical conduct by the entire Travis County DA's office. It's glaring proof that Perry was 100% correct in his assessment of the situation, and 100% justified in using the Constitutionally permitted power of his office to withhold state funding from the Travis County DA's office until they correct the problem. Instead of correcting problem, the lawyers of the DA's office proved they are all guilty of unethical conduct, and should all be disbarred by the Texas Bar Association.

Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Care?

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 9:39 AM
Brown's behavior would indicate that he would have been just as likely to be "playing" the knockout "game". So what would have happened if he did a knockout and his victim or the victim's partner were a white guy concealed carrying? No different than what's happening now.

Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Care?

Dr_Zinj Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 9:37 AM
if it wasn't so tragic, such a travesty of justice, such a hypocrisy; it would be hysterically funny that it was a BLACK LYNCH MOB calling for the head of a white guy who was apparently doing his job properly.