Given Bloomberg's avowed goal of reducing New Yorkers' waistlines by reducing their calorie intake, his soda scheme is indeed absurdly inadequate, as he inadvertently emphasizes every time he minimizes the extent to which it will restrict consumer freedom. Once...
when did the Founding Father's decide it was time to rebel and kill their oppressors?
Everyone expected that New York City's Board of Health, all 11 members of which were appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg, would rubber-stamp his proposed 16-ounce cap on servings of sugar-sweetened soft drinks. But at a meeting last week, several board members zeroed in on the most obvious problem with Bloomberg's plan to treat adults like children: It does not go far enough.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 7 hours ago