For all President Obama's rhetorical gifts -- and despite the fact that he was widely viewed as the winner of all three presidential debates in 2008 -- Democrats appear to be engaged in a campaign of expectation-managing ahead of the upcoming matchups between Obama and Mitt Romney. Indeed, as the president's press team to his debate prep partern John Kerry would have it, Romney is a veritable reincarnation of one of history's greatest debaters, Abraham Lincoln himself.
Here's John Kerry opining on Romney's "mad skillz" at the podium (h/t Erika Johnsen):
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago