I was a police officer for 25 years and on several occasions was dispatched to a call and arrested a black person. Now his people would cry racism. The conundrum reveals itself when the person making the call for the service is a black person, who would cry racism if the response was not made and enforcement action not taken. My favorite however was a lady who came to the lobby of the police department and asked in perfectly understandable English, for a Spanish speaking officer. She was told that one was not on duty and left in a huff complaining later she could get no service.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago