Now the progressives are using Christian stuff ? What would Jesus do? I know that he did not need a bible. Perhaps he lived by our Constitution??
I hold many liberal positions on many issues, BUT it is for me to act on them not my politicanS

Are Guns the Problem?

douglas183 Wrote: Oct 02, 2013 2:05 AM
You may be right about this specific column, but as a reader of Dr. Williams for years I know where he stands on families and the detrimental interference of the progressive mindset in institutions of America. We must offend sometimes, but always with a smile. Never harsh or hateful ;~)

Are Guns the Problem?

douglas183 Wrote: Oct 02, 2013 2:01 AM
There is no reason to try and change the idea of 'morals' to ethics or some other palatable definition for progressives. These are not values shoved down someone's throat. Morals are acceptable, historical ways of behaving. More than others, The Protestant churches gave society of sense of conscience as a guide for moral behavior. This is lacking in our culture more each year. In my dotage I have become more outspoken when people ask what I think. They get the real deal.

A Minority View: Higher Minimum Wage

douglas183 Wrote: Mar 04, 2013 12:41 AM
Any raise in minimum wage reflects upwards through almost every union contract ever conceived. This 25% increase sucks for the bottom unemployed teen and is a boon for the top wage earners in all unions.
I go along with the control assessment. And while not an entirely black issue, the author makes good points. However, I would say that our first gun laws were the Constitution and Bill of Rights. And the Second laws were drawn to circumvent the Constitution. We are al so much smarter than Tom Jefferson. . . In our dreams.

Prophets and Losses: Part II

douglas183 Wrote: Feb 09, 2013 3:34 PM
Why does it seem that we allow so many possible sociopaths and bully's to be our corporate and political leaders.?

A Hundred Percent of Nothing

douglas183 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 11:24 PM
For those who wish to point fingers at republicans for voting in Medicare part D or expanded spending during the Bush years, they are right . But that just makes both parties unjust and participants in anti- Constitutional governing. This is what so many tea partiers and other like minded conservatives, libertarians and fiscally cogent democrats find repugnant. The politics is sick and neither party cares for the good of the people. Oofah!

A Hundred Percent of Nothing

douglas183 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 11:24 PM

One Big Failure

douglas183 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 12:13 PM
Just to add to the conspiracy theory, democrat machine shenanigans, be reminded that Obama did not win one state that had voter photo ID. May mean nothing, may mean a lot. Being from NM, and having Obama up by 10 points I voted for Gary Johnson as my contribution to the democratic process. GB America, I hope.