For decades, Democrats have had success in portraying Republicans as being a party of older white males. They have often portrayed us as insensitive to the needs of our weakest citizens – most notably women and children. Recently, President Obama played the latter card as he announced a new policy on illegal immigration. He predicated his announcement of amnesty for the children of illegal aliens by saying we are a “better nation” than one that deports innocent children. For a moment, I thought he said we were a “better nation” than one that aborts innocent children. Unfortunately, I was mistaken....
James Taranto has made the same observation. He calls it the "Roe Effect".
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 49 minutes ago
- Report: That recent deceleration in healthcare spending? Yeah, that’s probably over Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New Fox ensemble show to feature Townhall’s Katie Pavlich as contributor Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 3 hours ago