After riots swept parts of the United Kingdom last year, I wrote about the moral argument for gun ownership. Simply stated, it is wrong to disarm law-abiding people, particularly when there is a risk of societal breakdown.
The same argument is equally applicable in the areas ravaged by the recent storm to hit the northeastern United States. As you can see from this report in the New York Post, the government is failing in its responsibility to provide law and order.
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 11 mins ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago