Yes, "diversity" has become a sacred cow at many colleges. And therein lies the problem. Diversity is more highly esteemed than achievement.
Dianne Harrison is the new president of California State University, Northridge (CSUN). It’s a small college in the Golden State but it sure is loaded with diversity. How do I know? Because Dianne has written a letter to the entire university, telling everyone how diverse they are and, more importantly, what a great person she is because she loves diversity. In her short email of around 800 words she refers to diversity no less than 17 times (and I have highlighted them in bold letters). Because it is so dripping with Orwellian double-speak, I thought it would be fun to reproduce...
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014