What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Ye, if only Congress were composed of honest, intelligent people. Problem is, honest, intelligent people don't want to go into politics. So we get morons like Shiela Jackson-Lee, member of the House Committee on Science, who thinks astronauts went to Mars, and Hank Johnson, member of the House Armed Services Committee, afraid that Guam will tip over and capsize if too many soldiers are stationed there. And both of these idiots got reelected AFTER showing how stupid they are. If they can get reelected, so can 0bama.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 12 minutes ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago