What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Ye, if only Congress were composed of honest, intelligent people. Problem is, honest, intelligent people don't want to go into politics. So we get morons like Shiela Jackson-Lee, member of the House Committee on Science, who thinks astronauts went to Mars, and Hank Johnson, member of the House Armed Services Committee, afraid that Guam will tip over and capsize if too many soldiers are stationed there. And both of these idiots got reelected AFTER showing how stupid they are. If they can get reelected, so can 0bama.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago