1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
The Republican establishment is every bit as anti-freedom, every bit as corrupt, every bit as evil as the Democrat party.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 23 mins ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 38 mins ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago