Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
And again (has happened every year for the past decade or so), politicians (Gil Cedillo-D-45th district) is proposing drivers licenses for 'undocumented' workers. On the bottom of the license application is a check box where you can register to be a voter. All you have to do is sign on the line stating that you are in the country legally and eligible to vote. And Voila! You're an 'undocumented' person who can vote. As Yakov Smirnov says, 'What a country!'. California is a few years behind Haiti but very similar. A few very wealthy people and the rest on government assistance. And as the 'undocumented workers' increase in number and get the vote, the problem will only escalate. There is no solution for California. Great article!
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago