This says it all, 'The new idea might be a bad one, but if it is, it will die on its own. Market competition will kill it. ' Since Roomarama has spread to 5000 cities, it MUST be a good idea for the 'little guy' and therefore a threat to the hotel chains. Here's an idea: Lower the price of hotel rooms! Motel 6 and Motel 8 started out as budget brands that really caught on because of price. They're still (in many markets) 60 percent lower that what you'd pay at a Hilton or Sheraton. People not on expense accounts will always be looking for ways to save.
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 4 hours ago