and the left has already started their four-year smear campaign on Rubio. By the time elections roll around, he will have been branded all sorts of things, e.g., tax cheat, pedophile, non-citizen, inexperienced, no moral compass, lack of character... oh wait - that's all the stuff that the left loves - they ignore it in their candidate but it's a FAULT if it's a Republican.
The very quotable British novelist Samuel Butler observed that, “Self-preservation is the first law of nature.” Reports coming from Washington seem to show that this instinct is increasingly demonstrated in a very short-sighted set of actions by institutional Republicans in light of recent successes where grassroots held their elected representatives’ feet to the fire; a fire fueled by the party platform.
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 13 hours ago