emikan, the states are the ones making all the money on gas. Some states charge over .50 cents a gallon on gas. New York currently has the highest at .69/gallon but we here in CA have VOTED ourselves another gas tax increase, so in July, we'll again have the highest gas taxes in the Nation at 70.6 cents/gallon. We're Nr ! ! Yea. And on top of that, CA charges SALES TAX of at least 8.5 percent- yep - they're taxing the tax. So who's making all the money? The state and fed govts do nothing to EARN that money - they just sit back and collect... guess I'm dumber than dumb.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 8 hours ago