emikan, the states are the ones making all the money on gas. Some states charge over .50 cents a gallon on gas. New York currently has the highest at .69/gallon but we here in CA have VOTED ourselves another gas tax increase, so in July, we'll again have the highest gas taxes in the Nation at 70.6 cents/gallon. We're Nr ! ! Yea. And on top of that, CA charges SALES TAX of at least 8.5 percent- yep - they're taxing the tax. So who's making all the money? The state and fed govts do nothing to EARN that money - they just sit back and collect... guess I'm dumber than dumb.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 11 hours ago