Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
If the South hadn't attacked Fort Sumter, but instead asked the US Supreme Court to adjudicate it's claim of secession, it would have prevailed. The attack was an act of folly, only equaled in history by the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Of course the South's claim to "self-determination" also was clouded by slavery, a great moral wrong.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 12 minutes ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago