Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
If the South hadn't attacked Fort Sumter, but instead asked the US Supreme Court to adjudicate it's claim of secession, it would have prevailed. The attack was an act of folly, only equaled in history by the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Of course the South's claim to "self-determination" also was clouded by slavery, a great moral wrong.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago