Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
If the South hadn't attacked Fort Sumter, but instead asked the US Supreme Court to adjudicate it's claim of secession, it would have prevailed. The attack was an act of folly, only equaled in history by the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Of course the South's claim to "self-determination" also was clouded by slavery, a great moral wrong.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 4 hours ago