The job numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics are out and they don't look good. The unemployment rate has gone up from 8.1 percent to 8.2 percent with the economy adding just 69,000 jobs in May after economists predicted the economy would add at least 150,000 jobs. That's a significant shortfall. Not to mention, this percentage doesn't include those who have given up looking for work. The labor participation rate sits at 63.8 percent, meaning 36.2 percent are not participating or actively looking for work. Job growth has also been deemed as slowed and long term unemployment is...
Hey, Boticelli: How happy are you when soldiers die? We don't like these numbers, but we do see the upside, which is that they will help us unseat the man who brought the lousy numbers to us.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014