The job numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics are out and they don't look good. The unemployment rate has gone up from 8.1 percent to 8.2 percent with the economy adding just 69,000 jobs in May after economists predicted the economy would add at least 150,000 jobs. That's a significant shortfall. Not to mention, this percentage doesn't include those who have given up looking for work. The labor participation rate sits at 63.8 percent, meaning 36.2 percent are not participating or actively looking for work. Job growth has also been deemed as slowed and long term unemployment is...
Hey, Boticelli: How happy are you when soldiers die? We don't like these numbers, but we do see the upside, which is that they will help us unseat the man who brought the lousy numbers to us.
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago