The job numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics are out and they don't look good. The unemployment rate has gone up from 8.1 percent to 8.2 percent with the economy adding just 69,000 jobs in May after economists predicted the economy would add at least 150,000 jobs. That's a significant shortfall. Not to mention, this percentage doesn't include those who have given up looking for work. The labor participation rate sits at 63.8 percent, meaning 36.2 percent are not participating or actively looking for work. Job growth has also been deemed as slowed and long term unemployment is...
Well, he talked about the thrill moving up when he listened to Obama. With this news, I suspect now something is trickling down.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago