The job numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics are out and they don't look good. The unemployment rate has gone up from 8.1 percent to 8.2 percent with the economy adding just 69,000 jobs in May after economists predicted the economy would add at least 150,000 jobs. That's a significant shortfall. Not to mention, this percentage doesn't include those who have given up looking for work. The labor participation rate sits at 63.8 percent, meaning 36.2 percent are not participating or actively looking for work. Job growth has also been deemed as slowed and long term unemployment is...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 9 hours ago