The job numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics are out and they don't look good. The unemployment rate has gone up from 8.1 percent to 8.2 percent with the economy adding just 69,000 jobs in May after economists predicted the economy would add at least 150,000 jobs. That's a significant shortfall. Not to mention, this percentage doesn't include those who have given up looking for work. The labor participation rate sits at 63.8 percent, meaning 36.2 percent are not participating or actively looking for work. Job growth has also been deemed as slowed and long term unemployment is...
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 27 minutes ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago