There's nothing secret about this new bubble. Thanks for pointing it out again and for the references. I own a condo that went from $179K in 2005 to $77K in 2008 to comps of $23K in January to $49K in July. Whoa! Bubble? Sure. There are only three condos for sale in the building when six years ago there were 15 (roughly). I think if I wait a few months I might make a profit on this thing. Shortage of condos and houses available.

Why Miley Cyrus Matters

Dot462 Wrote: Sep 06, 2013 9:46 PM
Too bad this Cyrus girl is getting so much attention. She's on the way on the track of several young performers such as Lindsay Lohan -- DUIs, drug overdoses, arrests, eventual death. She's a pretty girl right now, but it won't last. Self-destructive behavior usually succeeds.

Serious About Syria?

Dot462 Wrote: Sep 04, 2013 8:41 PM
As usual, Dr. Sowell has it all. Too bad Obama doesn't consult Dr. Sowell, but of course he couldn't do that. After all, Dr. Sowell is considered an Uncle Tom (ha, ha). No, Obama couldn't consult with a black man from the dark side of libertarianism. After all, Dr. Sowell rejected Marxism, which Obama has yet to do.

Bit by Bit Strategy

Dot462 Wrote: Jun 27, 2013 1:10 PM
TeaPartyJones can label Dr. Williams a "simpleton," but that doesn't make it so. It's true that the article could be condensed, but most people don't find "incrementalism" obvious and it's easy to forget the method over time. People need reminders of what has been foisted upon us in the past one step at a time.
I'm sure the marriages between homosexuals will be as successful as marriages between heterosexuals. A lot of marriages (more than half) go on the rocks, causing battles over custody (of pets and children), money, property. Maybe the homosexuals think they will be more successful at marriage. My bet would be that they will be wrong.
Good evidence for the need for guns in the hands not only of regular police but citizens with training and carry permits. They waited 20 MINUTES for somebody armed to show up? How ridiculous. The U.K. reaps what they sowed with the policy of banning guns.

Fact-Free Crusades

Dot462 Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 5:37 PM
What is surprising is nobody calling for the control of knives after that person stabbed a bunch of people. One of the victims said if he could have carried a gun on the college campus (he had a CCW permit), that he would have put a stop to the knifings. Unfortunately, a bill died in the Nevada legislature that would have allowed people with CCW to carry on the college campuses. Too bad. We need trained people with guns to have their guns available to counter people who want to shoot up a bunch of people. It looks like there's hope that nothing will get through the U.S. Congress, which is better than a piece of legislation that is a hodgepodge of attempts to regulate guns.
I have yet to hear from a sane govt official from SF. This DA is supposed to be protecting law-abiding citizens from people who break the law, cause accidents, behave illegally. I moved out of SF 35 years ago, moved out of CA 17 years ago and never regretted it. There's something wrong with many of the people in SF. What should happen is all the weirdos, illegals, socialists, communists, anarchists should find SF so favorable to them that they all move there, leaving the rest of the country to the sane people.
So Rand Paul stirs up the libertarians living in the dorms, huh? How about me? I've been a libertarian since the 1960s and I don't live in dorms. Some of us are actually fearful of a president having the power to be judge, jury and executioner of people he deems to be "enemy combatants." I was against the Patriot Act and RICO because they violate individual rights and due process. Too bad Graham and McCain aren't a bit more concerned about excessive executive power. Maybe they both should consider whether they're doing the Republican party any good by insulting people who support the rights under the constitution. Holder should have answered Rand Paul's question yesterday.

The California 'Mordida'

Dot462 Wrote: Mar 07, 2013 2:30 PM
NV is not that far. Persuade the grandkids' parents to move out with you. My husband and I did that -- moved up to Reno along with my mom and daughter and her husband, sold two houses in CA for way more than we paid and bought houses for way less in NV. Depends on what work your kids do, but there is opportunity elsewhere in low tax areas.

The California 'Mordida'

Dot462 Wrote: Mar 07, 2013 2:27 PM
It's not a choice between living in CA or living in TX. There are other states with good climates, maybe not as good as Redwood City (climate best by government test), but since I left there in 1995 I've enjoyed the four-seasons climate of Reno, NV, and would never move back to CA. Of course, I couldn't afford to live there unless I was a lot poorer or richer than I am. Unfortunately, CA will be the residence of choice for either the very rich who don't care about taxes or the poor who exist on govt handouts. People with middle incomes can't live there any more. I enjoy an even better view of the eastern Sierra than you do of the western side.