Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Ok, Bob, so why not go out and work on an Amendment to the Constitution that strikes down the 2nd Amendment. Many American people didn't like the 18th Amendment (Prohibition), so they worked to get the 21st passed (the one striking down the 21st). Instead of asking your legislators to destroy the Constitution, why don't you work on an Amendment? Are you afraid it won't pass? And speaking of Prohibition--how well did that work? How about that war on drugs? Do you really think the war on weapons will fare any better?
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago