Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Ok, Bob, so why not go out and work on an Amendment to the Constitution that strikes down the 2nd Amendment. Many American people didn't like the 18th Amendment (Prohibition), so they worked to get the 21st passed (the one striking down the 21st). Instead of asking your legislators to destroy the Constitution, why don't you work on an Amendment? Are you afraid it won't pass? And speaking of Prohibition--how well did that work? How about that war on drugs? Do you really think the war on weapons will fare any better?
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 3 hours ago