Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Ok, Bob, so why not go out and work on an Amendment to the Constitution that strikes down the 2nd Amendment. Many American people didn't like the 18th Amendment (Prohibition), so they worked to get the 21st passed (the one striking down the 21st). Instead of asking your legislators to destroy the Constitution, why don't you work on an Amendment? Are you afraid it won't pass? And speaking of Prohibition--how well did that work? How about that war on drugs? Do you really think the war on weapons will fare any better?
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 17 hours ago