I live in Illinois, and tenure is out the window. Keeping your job could depend on your job evaluation. Seniority is no longer a protection. In our school, prior to this, poor teachers were generally not allowed to reach tenured status. That being said, I started out in the Catholic School system where there was no such thing as tenure, so I did what came naturally--I brought my best game every single day!!! As a public school teacher, I do the same. The kids deserve that, and I can sleep at night knowing I am doing the best I can for kids. The government is our worst enemy, however. Schools are judged based on numerous things, one being graduation rate. This means failing kids is frowned on even if the teacher is jumping through hoops to help the student help himself or herself even if the student is doing NOTHING! Many parents no longer back teachers who are working to ensure their child learns! Students can never really be disciplined because we can't run the risk of upsetting the little darlings. D and F grades are monitored at our school, and teachers are questioned if there are over a certain number regardless of the students. I once created a very awkward silence at a faculty meeting when the admin was ranting about the number of D and F grades. I said--with our ACT scores, it is a miracle there are not more. Grade inflation and ego inflation seem to be encouraged, and that is sickening! Those who do not teach have no idea about what really goes on behind the scenes!
...and when illegals from Mexico do this...they do not get deported; I do not like Bieber, but it would be hypocritical to the extreme to deport a reprobate white boy while letting so many Mexicans who commit crimes stay.

Why Are The Poor, Poor?

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 19, 2014 10:47 PM
You are correct...as a teacher, I see it all the time.
Like the author, I live in Illinois; like him I also have a FOID card which required a picture. They do not use the submitted picture but rather the picture on your driver's license. So, let me get this straight--I have to have a photo ID to drive; I have to have a photo ID to purchase a gun and/or ammo. YET it is not right to ask people to have a photo ID to vote...uh that does not make sense. Do you ever hear them cry that people won't be able to get a driver's license? a gun card? I never have. In Illinois, I am disenfranchised because I am a white Conservative woman. The dead vote Democrat...the takers vote Democrat...too many in Chicago vote Democrat...the cheaters--all Democrat...therefore, those of us who follow the rules are outvoted and suffer continually. My question is WHY is it somehow racist to ask that people have a photo ID to vote?? Are they implying minorities will be unable to provide it? I want to know their reasons.

Holder's Race Card

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 17, 2014 12:49 AM
All I say to those people is--yes, you all were so incredibly civil to George W. Bush...did the libs think their behaviors would go unnoticed? unanswered? Oh yes, I forget, they are like the bullies in the sandbox. When the tables are turned, they cry and whine.

Holder's Race Card

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 17, 2014 12:47 AM
Holder is an incompetent whiny little man

Holder's Race Card

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 16, 2014 11:17 PM
Maybe it is because you are pointing out things that are not racist. Libs think holding everyone to high expectations is racist...not so. The racism I see being pointed out by the left is generally baseless. People on the right are quick to condemn actual hate speech...I don't see those on the left calling out their own about such things. Not one single person I know who dislikes Obama or Holder dislike them because they are black, and those same people dislike Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and myriad other liberals who are not black. We can disagree with the president because we dislike the direction he is trying to drag the country. Those of you who scream that is racist simply want to use the president's color for cover...to me that seems kind of racist.

Holder's Race Card

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 16, 2014 11:06 PM
They have used it so much, it has become irrelevant. It is the boy who cried wolf all over again.

Holder's Race Card

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 16, 2014 10:57 PM
Oh for Heaven's Sake, would you stop the white-washing of the Democrat party? Too many modern day liberals (Dem) make excuses and truly have no expectation that minorities can do anything without their "help." That by its very nature is racist. I believe all people should be expected to take advantage of the opportunities they have to achieve success, and I believe with that expectation, they would. However, liberals want to give handouts because it buys votes. Anyone who thinks libs hold on to welfare and expand it at every opportunity do it because they care is wantonly foolish. Liberals are really good at being generous with other people's money. As long as liberals show such disregard for the dignity of other human beings, you are right, the Democrat party has nothing to offer me.

Holder's Race Card

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 16, 2014 10:49 PM
Is that the ONLY definition of racism you could find? I am sure you would consider it racist if a white guy's knee jerk reaction was to always defend the white and demonize the black. What we do know about Obama is he threw his white grandmother under the bus...he has used his African heritage to gain every advantage he could, and he often seems to hold whites in contempt. If Obama was not a liberal, your might realize these things, but as with other liberals, you give him a pass.

The Problem Is Liberalism, Not Racism

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 15, 2014 11:32 PM
They should have to do annual studies to prove the effectiveness of ALL programs. Success means achieving a legitimate goal. What is our goal with welfare? Is it keeping people in poverty, and ensuring they never get out while getting the hand-out proponents reelected? Well, then they need to say that. OR is it giving aid while expecting something from the recipients? It is time to get real honest and let the American people know the truth.