The Problem Is Liberalism, Not Racism

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 15, 2014 11:18 PM
What do you mean by that? You seem to have a problem with people criticizing liberals. I have seen it on two other columnists' comment sections. Are you saying because she is black, she is somehow wrong to support something other than the standard groupthink we have been seeing? She owes allegiance to her own morals and values and not to some "group." You appear to be a person who has nothing of real value to say, so you insult and throw ridiculous allegations around. Sad!

Obama and the Politics of Race

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 15, 2014 11:04 PM
...and you referred to a black columnist saying the poor need to step up as an Uncle Tom. What is it with you? Do you not understand debate? Do you just try to shut down people with whom you disagree? That IS the way it seems, if that is an incorrect assumption, then please debate the facts.
I have often said that government tells you and me that we need to make it on less when they choose to take more...therefore, all welfare recips should have benefits cut at the same rate taxes are increased.
Possibly because most of us do not mind helping those who ARE working. I do not mind subsidizing while someone betters himself or herself. I just am tired of the whole cradle to grave help while they do nothing other than producing children who will often grow up to also be takers.
AMEN!!!
No one is demonizing the rich for being rich. Do you live in the same country I do? Liberals constantly accuse the rich of not paying their fair share (even when many of them are quite well off, yet do not offer to pay more taxes). Liberals imply that the poor are poor because the rich are rich even though they know that is not the case. I pay too much in taxes, and frankly, it is time that the poor stop their behaviors that keep them poor. When we start having expectations for the poor, things might change. When we have enough respect for the poor to stop doing for them what they are able to do on their own, things might change. When we stop making excuses and feeling sorry for the poor, things might change.
I am appalled at your name-calling. Where did he say only the blacks are the takers? I did not read that anywhere. My question to you--why are you so sensitive? Are you a taker? WORSE, are you the excuse maker who enables the takers? I once talked to a liberal who said that I should not expect much from welfare recipients because for the most part, they are unintelligent and unattractive. I let him know his beliefs were terribly backwards as are yours.

Lincoln’s Character

Dot32 Wrote: Apr 14, 2014 10:44 PM
To judge a person living in the 1800s by later standards is pointless. We should remember that Lincoln was first of all, a great politician. A great politician has to get elected in order to do what he believes needs to be done; once in office, he must build a coalition to implement his plans. Yes, racism existed in the North as well as the South. Learned behaviors which are generations old are tough to tackle. Thank goodness enough forward-thinking people have always been there to tackle those prejudices in order to change the minds and hearts of others.

Time for a Free-Market Postal System

Dot32 Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 9:25 PM
That's for sure! I actually had a rude note from the postman in my mailbox today! My husband had placed a letter back into the mailbox that was sent to a former homeowner. He had written no longer lives here on the envelope. The postman wrote a snippy note about not writing on returned mail, and he wrote that message on a piece of MY mail. I will be heading up to the post office tomorrow with "hate mail" in hand!!!

Victory for Honest Elections

Dot32 Wrote: Mar 25, 2014 10:39 PM
Oh would that Illinois would require such, but no such luck. As long as Chicago is a part of our state, we know corruption and cheating will prevail!

A Case for Voter ID

Dot32 Wrote: Mar 25, 2014 10:28 PM
That is exactly what I thought when I read this! I am being disenfranchised because my vote really doesn't count if the other side cheats. I live in Illinois where voter fraud is an open secret.......everybody knows it is going on, and nobody will stop it. It is sickening!