The Tea Party movement is purely a fiscal/economic one. They make no mention of any of the social issues. To try and paint these people as social conservatives is either 1. a LIE from a lying liar or 2. A statement from a very ignorant person. Which one are you?
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago