The Tea Party movement is purely a fiscal/economic one. They make no mention of any of the social issues. To try and paint these people as social conservatives is either 1. a LIE from a lying liar or 2. A statement from a very ignorant person. Which one are you?
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago