Over the weekend, the NRA announced its endorsement of Republican Tommy Thompson, the GOP candidate in Wisconsin's open U.S. Senate seat. NRA President David Keene was scheduled for several appearances with Thompson in Wisconsin over the three-day weekend.
The NRA endorsement set off a war of words between the two senate candidates, with Thompson's camp sending out a press release highlighting a Fox 11 article that had Democrat Rep. Tammy Baldwin's response to the development: "Tammy is a gun owner herself, supports the 2nd amendment and is proud to have strong support from Wisconsin sportsmen across the state."
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 3 hours ago