New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
In this age of technology there ought to be more of a peoples voice on important matters. When the voices of many outway the few in control then changes must be made ! ~ Welfare Offices throughout NY have an ARMED, FULL TIME SHERIFF complete with video surveillance because they are AFRAID for themselves. Why not the SAME for OUR BABIES in these government institutions we call schools ?
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago