New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
In this age of technology there ought to be more of a peoples voice on important matters. When the voices of many outway the few in control then changes must be made ! ~ Welfare Offices throughout NY have an ARMED, FULL TIME SHERIFF complete with video surveillance because they are AFRAID for themselves. Why not the SAME for OUR BABIES in these government institutions we call schools ?
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago