New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
In this age of technology there ought to be more of a peoples voice on important matters. When the voices of many outway the few in control then changes must be made ! ~ Welfare Offices throughout NY have an ARMED, FULL TIME SHERIFF complete with video surveillance because they are AFRAID for themselves. Why not the SAME for OUR BABIES in these government institutions we call schools ?
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago