The New York Times Public Editor Arthur Brisbane gave us insight into the Times’ liberal slant in his final column after two years with the newspaper. He criticizes the Times for being “powerfully shaped by a culture of like minds.” The members of the liberal national media are surrounded by others who share their beliefs and political prejudices....
In response to:
The established "mainstream" pop media has at least since the end of WWII if not the Depression been overall completely in the sack with the fashionably left-leaning metro-statist kleptocrats who ran the Democratic party & most of the Republican Party. They had a symbiosis going. It was reinforced in broadcast by the "Fairness Doctrine" that discouraged radio & TV from exploring "controversial" subjects that might dispute the NYT's take on things. They claim to see things from the "center" but it's THEIR "center". They taell us their little bubble way off to the left is the "mainstream!"
It is not often that members of the liberal national media admit their biases. Americans know that the media is not impartial and that objectivity is not a priority when reporting on current events. Americans need and deserve a balanced media.
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago