The New York Times Public Editor Arthur Brisbane gave us insight into the Times’ liberal slant in his final column after two years with the newspaper. He criticizes the Times for being “powerfully shaped by a culture of like minds.” The members of the liberal national media are surrounded by others who share their beliefs and political prejudices....
In response to:
The established "mainstream" pop media has at least since the end of WWII if not the Depression been overall completely in the sack with the fashionably left-leaning metro-statist kleptocrats who ran the Democratic party & most of the Republican Party. They had a symbiosis going. It was reinforced in broadcast by the "Fairness Doctrine" that discouraged radio & TV from exploring "controversial" subjects that might dispute the NYT's take on things. They claim to see things from the "center" but it's THEIR "center". They taell us their little bubble way off to the left is the "mainstream!"
It is not often that members of the liberal national media admit their biases. Americans know that the media is not impartial and that objectivity is not a priority when reporting on current events. Americans need and deserve a balanced media.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago