The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
So, does that not give the lie to the presumption that races can be bought, & we need to let the government decide who can say what before an election in order to "get the money out of politics" ha ha? Is there no demonstrated need to keep some strawman baddie like the Saudi Arabians or Putin or the Koch Bros. (but never the Chicoms, who actually DID give $$$ to Clinton) from "buying" the election? Thus _Citizens United_ is not a factor, & there should be no need to repeal the First Amendment & replace it with meaningless gobbledegook.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 36 minutes ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 13 hours ago