The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
So, does that not give the lie to the presumption that races can be bought, & we need to let the government decide who can say what before an election in order to "get the money out of politics" ha ha? Is there no demonstrated need to keep some strawman baddie like the Saudi Arabians or Putin or the Koch Bros. (but never the Chicoms, who actually DID give $$$ to Clinton) from "buying" the election? Thus _Citizens United_ is not a factor, & there should be no need to repeal the First Amendment & replace it with meaningless gobbledegook.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 57 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago