Where Mexico is now, we may be soon if things keep going as they are. 1 ingredient for corruption is the need for government permission & cooperation in order to go on w/ one's life & business. Unaccountable bureaucrats & officers can use that to get inducements under-table. The fewer times one must ask permission, the fewer barricades that must be lifted just for a law-abiding citizen to get from point a to point b, the fewer occasions for corruption exist.
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago