As previously stated, I thought Mitt Romney to be a better candidate than did many observers. That said, the recent revelations in news articles that claim...
In response to:
The elephant in this article's room is the fact all these people are statists. Like the Dems, government (or an allied institute like the media & education) is their life &livelihood.They want to be in a growth industry. They want to be at the hub of the universe, with everything rotating around their own elite class. They won't dispute government should decide who gets what; they want to be part of that decider class themselves. Therefore, they want government to grow, not shrink or stay within defined bounds. They are frightened of people who express any principle of limited government & react to them with hostility. Thus they join the Dems in attacking & marginalizing ordinary Americans such as "tea partiers.'
Here's a New Year's wish I would love to see come true. However it is defined or however many people are part of it, it is time to send the giant never-ending "GOP Establishment" made up of some professional politicians, some moneyed nouveaux riche who -- by virtue of their contributions and the faux friendships it buys with politicians -- consider themselves political landed gentry and the endless scam artist consultants they support packing.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago