The congressional investigation into "Fast and Furious" has been going on for more than a year, but it was stonewalled by Attorney General Eric Holder, who instead opened an internal investigation by the Department of Justice's inspector general. Tens of...
In response to:
It is not possible that Eric Holder didn't know of & green-light this. Nobody lower in Justice would have done so without the nod from the AG. If somehow Holder DIDN'T know of it, then Melson & whoever else undeniably made it happen went criminally rogue, implementing a deadly operation without authority. If that was the case, you've got possible criminal cases, + an AG who at minimum was not doing his job. The nicest picture that could be painted was an out-of-control DOJ run by an absentee incompetent AG, full of rogues doing their own thing. By NOT firing Holder, & by asserting "executive privilege" over the disputed docs, Pres. Obama has taken ownership of the mess & implied he was in fact personally involved.
Sometimes, as the saying goes, the truth really is stranger than fiction. There may have been some wild plotlines on "Walker, Texas Ranger," but there was nothing that compares to the scandal surrounding "Fast and Furious" -- the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives operation that resulted in the loss of a distinguished Border Patrol agent, Brian Terry.
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 3 hours ago