In response to:
This, from the guy who let Fannie Mae run loose & charge up the banking system with toxic debt, so they would have a financial & economic crisis to exploit. He's even worse than Paul Krugman. The New Deal was an abject failure at its ostensible stated purpose (or, a brilliant success at its REAL purpose of prolonging the Depression so Washington could micronage more of the American economy & enact an American economic fascism). It wasn't really WWII that ended the Great Depression, the key rather was WWII interrupted the New Deal and then FDR assumed room temperature before it was over. Ending the New Deal, & America's postwar position as the last industrial powerhouse left standing, was what really ended the Depression for us.
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 4 hours ago