In response to:
This, from the guy who let Fannie Mae run loose & charge up the banking system with toxic debt, so they would have a financial & economic crisis to exploit. He's even worse than Paul Krugman. The New Deal was an abject failure at its ostensible stated purpose (or, a brilliant success at its REAL purpose of prolonging the Depression so Washington could micronage more of the American economy & enact an American economic fascism). It wasn't really WWII that ended the Great Depression, the key rather was WWII interrupted the New Deal and then FDR assumed room temperature before it was over. Ending the New Deal, & America's postwar position as the last industrial powerhouse left standing, was what really ended the Depression for us.
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago