In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
“Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” The part they leave out: "...for minimum wage (or less) & no benefits!" Without the unfair competition of illegals, employers would have to offer better pay to attract Americans. Here's the really hilarious part. Why are unions OK with certain industries hiring lots of foreigners & the prospect of 'amnesty' & quick citizenship? Because the SEIU & others hope once they're legal or even citizens, to ORGANIZE them all! There go your low wages & buyer's market for cheap labor! I guess all those contractors & farmers plan to retire when that day comes!
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago