In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
“Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” The part they leave out: "...for minimum wage (or less) & no benefits!" Without the unfair competition of illegals, employers would have to offer better pay to attract Americans. Here's the really hilarious part. Why are unions OK with certain industries hiring lots of foreigners & the prospect of 'amnesty' & quick citizenship? Because the SEIU & others hope once they're legal or even citizens, to ORGANIZE them all! There go your low wages & buyer's market for cheap labor! I guess all those contractors & farmers plan to retire when that day comes!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 5 hours ago