In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
“Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” The part they leave out: "...for minimum wage (or less) & no benefits!" Without the unfair competition of illegals, employers would have to offer better pay to attract Americans. Here's the really hilarious part. Why are unions OK with certain industries hiring lots of foreigners & the prospect of 'amnesty' & quick citizenship? Because the SEIU & others hope once they're legal or even citizens, to ORGANIZE them all! There go your low wages & buyer's market for cheap labor! I guess all those contractors & farmers plan to retire when that day comes!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 9 hours ago