It's budget week in America, and for the first time in four years, both houses of Congress will respect the law and produce a blueprint for the coming fiscal year. The release of the president's budget, which was due by statute on February 4, has been delayed for a second time until April 8. Senate Democrats will finally unveil their plan on Wednesday, with a single day mark-up planned for Thursday. Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on his chamber's budget committee, says he fears Harry Reid and Patty Murray's caucus will introduce a budget that raises taxes by...
In response to:
Negative GDP growth.
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 52 minutes ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago