In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
Remember when Lois wasn't a blithering idiot? Me neither.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago