In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
Thank you for staying at least in the neighborhood of the topic.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago