In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
Thank you for staying at least in the neighborhood of the topic.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 17 hours ago