In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
Thank you for staying at least in the neighborhood of the topic.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago